How do I reset my Alienware Aurora BIOS?
Steps. Disconnect the system-board power cable from the system board. Remove the jumper plug from pins 217 and replace it on pins 216 (P216). Wait for 5 seconds.
How do I factory reset my Alienware Aurora r4?
Alienware Factory Reset via the Reset Option If you can run your Alienware laptop or desktop, directly go to the Settings menu and choose Update & Security. Then, click Recovery and choose Get started from the Reset this PC section.
How do I reset my BIOS to default physically?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings.
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter.
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How do I reset my BIOS to default CMOS?
Steps to clear CMOS using the jumper method In general, the CMOS jumper is three pins located near the battery. In general, CMOS jumper has positions 1–2 and 2–3. Move the jumper from the default position 1–2 to position 2–3 to clear CMOS. Wait 1–5 minutes then move it back to the default position.
How do I factory reset my Alienware BIOS?
How to reset the BIOS from the BIOS interface
- Turn on the computer.
- Tap the F2 key several times until Entering Setup appears.
- Reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
- Press the Esc key and select Save and exit or Exit.
- Press the Enter key to save all changes and exit the BIOS setup screen.
- The computer restarts.
How do I restore my Alienware to factory settings?
Recover using the factory image from the Alienware Steam Machine
- Turn On your Alienware Steam Machine.
- As the system boots start tapping the Start Button on your Steam Controller. If you have a keyboard connected hit F12.
- Select Restore System Partition and press A or Enter if you have a keyboard.
What is setup defaults in BIOS?
What Happens When You Load Setup Defaults? Your BIOS also contains a Load Setup Defaults or Load Optimized Defaults option. This option resets your BIOS to its factory-default settings, loading default settings optimized for your hardware.
How do you clear CMOS jumper on Alienware?
Clearing CMOS Settings
- Lay the system on the right side.
- Remove the stability foot.
- Remove the left and right side-panels.
- Locate the CMOS jumper (RTC_CLR1) on the system board.
- Remove the jumper plug from pins 2 and 3.
- Fix it on pins 1 and 2.
- Wait for approximately five seconds to clear the CMOS setting.
How do I reformat my Alienware computer?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
What happens if you clear CMOS?
Clearing the CMOS resets your BIOS or UEFI settings back to their factory default state. In most cases, you can clear the CMOS from within the BIOS menu or by pressing the CMOS button on the back.
What happens if you load defaults BIOS?
What does clearing the CMOS do?
Clearing the CMOS resets your BIOS or UEFI settings back to their factory default state. In most cases, you can clear the CMOS from within the BIOS menu or by pressing the CMOS button on the back. In some cases, you may have to open your computer’s case.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings from BIOS?
Performing a Factory Reset from BIOS (Microsoft Windows)
- Power on or restart the workstation.
- Enter the BIOS by tapping either the right or left bottom of the screen.
- Tap Advanced, and then tap Special Configuration.
- Tap Factory Recovery.
- Select Enabled from drop-down menu.
- Tap Home.
- Tap Save and Exit.