Which island is best to visit in the Florida Keys?
Best islands to stay in Florida Keys
- Key West (the most famous of all)
- Key Largo (scuba diving and water sports)
- Marathon (family friendly)
- Islamorada (adventure galore)
- Big Pine Key (relax and isolation)
- Key Largo (for the adventure couple)
- Key West (laid-back and boutique stay)
- Big Pine Key (romantic and isolated)
Where is the best part of the Florida Keys to stay?
Key West is undeniably the most popular of places to stay in the Florida Keys. This southernmost part of Florida and the US, only 90 miles away from Cuba, is where you can find the nightlife and all the action when it comes to entertainment in the Keys.
What is the prettiest place in the Keys?
Most Scenic Views in the Florida Keys
- Key West – Fort Zachary Taylor State Park.
- Big Pine Key – National Key Deer Refuge.
- Marathon – Bahia Honda State Park.
- Marathon – Seven Mile Bridge.
- Pigeon Key.
- Islamorada – Florida Bay.
- Key Largo – John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
Is it better to stay in Key Largo or Marathon?
Most couples head further down the Florida Keys, but for snorkeling and scuba diving, Key Largo is the better option. Marathon is a great island if you’re traveling as a couple. With beautiful views, 7 mile bridge, and plenty of activities, this area makes a romantic destination for couples.
What Key has the best beaches?
Pack your sunglasses and flip-flops for a sunshine-filled getaway at these 12 beautiful beaches in the Florida Keys.
Why are there no beaches in the Florida Keys?
The Keys don’t have wide sandy beaches because the coral reefs we enjoy as snorkelers and scuba divers prevent the erosion and sand from building up along the shore. So while the beaches aren’t what make the Keys special, there are still some pretty special beaches in the Keys.
Which Florida Key is the most popular?
Key West. Easily the most famous of the Florida Keys, there’s a reason why Key West is the most popular destination in the Keys.
What is the prettiest part of the Florida Keys?
Which key has the best beaches?
1. Bahia Honda State Park Beaches, Big Pine Key. The sandy shores of Bahia Honda State Park are, far and away, the best beaches in the Florida Keys. These natural beaches are absolutely stunning.
What is the prettiest beach in the Keys?
Smathers Beach, Key West Considered by many to be the best beach in Key West, Smathers Beach is a two-mile strip of white sand lapped by blue waters. This beach has some of the best sand in Key West and as a result, can be busy.
What are the best Florida Keys to visit?
Whenever I told Floridians that I was writing a story about the other Florida Keys is that the Gulf Keys have an Amish community. I’m pretty sure the Atlantic Keys are lacking an Amish village. I did not see any Amish on my next stop, which was
Where is the best place in the Florida Keys?
Key Largo. Key Largo,the biggest island in the Upper Keys,acts as a bridge between the mainland and the rest of the archipelago.
What is the best key in the Florida Keys?
Load Error To all of you doubters and disbelievers, I’m doing it. This is a story about the other Florida Keys, the Gulf Coast Keys — Lido Key, Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and even Casey Key. I’m officially calling them the Gulf Coast Keys because they
What is the best part of the Florida Keys?
Fury Water Adventures. Fury Water Adventures is well known in Key West and offers several fun family friendly as well as adrenaline activities such as parasailing,jet skiing,snorkeling and