How do you decorate a plain mug?
Apply a layer of dishwasher safe Mod Podge. Paint drip: Using painters tape off the top of the mug. Turn the mug upside down and place on a piece of parchment paper. Pick your favorite colors of acrylic paint and pour on the bottom of the mug and let them drip over the edge!
What should I put on my mug?
Keep reading to learn more about these gifts that fit in coffee mugs!
- Coffee and Chocolate.
- Tea, Sugar, and Biscuits.
- Hot Cocoa Mix, Chocolate, and Marshmallows.
- Art Supplies.
- Notepad, Tape, and Pens.
- Kitchen Gadgets and Baking Goods.
- Gift Card.
How can I decorate my mug at home?
- Step 1: Wash and dry your mug, if new.
- Step 2: Use a pencil to rough out a design for any words or lines.
- Step 3: Carefully draw your design with Sharpie paint markers.
- Step 4: Add accent colors, if necessary.
- Step 5: Bake mugs at 350 degrees for 20 minutes to set paint; let cool completely.
What can you decorate a mug with?
Learn to decorate mugs!…Ways to Decorate Mugs
- Acrylic Paint – if you use a paint make sure that it is suitable for glass and/or ceramic.
- Etching Medium – you’ll need a special medium for this process.
- Mod Podge – they offer a Dishwasher Safe formula that is perfect for top rack washing.
Does Sharpie on a mug really work?
I can tell you from experience that a regular Sharpie, baked or unbaked, will just wash right off the mug. You HAVE TO use an oil-based paint Sharpie. This will help make your design permanent.
How do you seal a mug after painting?
How to Seal Acrylic Paint on a Ceramic Mug or Plate. To seal acrylic paint to a ceramic surface, you need to heat cure the paint. Instead of letting it air dry, you want to bake the painted piece, then seal the paint with a water-based polyurethane varnish, clear acrylic coat, or modge podge.
How do you get acrylic paint to stay on a mug?
Set the oven to 350 degrees. Place the mug in the oven when preheating so that it doesn’t warm up too quickly. Bake mugs in the oven for 1 hour to set the paint. Turn the oven off and allow mugs to cool in the oven.
Does Sharpie stay on mugs?
Is acrylic paint OK for mugs?
Acrylic paint is also suitable for most ceramic mugs. However, some acrylics are designed specifically for unglazed ceramics. Check the label before purchasing. After you paint your mug and allow it to dry, use a clear sealant to add shine and prevent the acrylic paint from cracking.