Does California have social services?
California Department of Social Services For public assistance case issues, inquiries, or complaints, e-mail our Public Inquiry and Response Unit at [email protected].
What does California Department of Social Services do?
“The mission of the California Department of Social Services is to serve, aid, and protect needy and vulnerable children and adults in ways that strengthen and preserve families, encourage personal responsibility, and foster independence.”
What social programs does California have?
- Overall Reductions in Poverty Rate.
- State Supplementation Program.
- Healthy Families Program.
- Medi-Cal Access Program.
- Indigent programs. 8.1 General Assistance / General Relief. 8.2 County Medical Services Program / Medically Indigent Service Program.
What is social service office?
Social Service Offices (SSOs) bring social assistance closer to residents in need. They make ComCare assistance and other forms of assistance such as job matching and family services more accessible to those who need it.
How do I apply for welfare in California?
Apply online: BenefitsCal.com or contact your county social services agency in your county.
How do I contact a social worker in California?
If the county refuses to assigned you a new IHSS social worker, you can contact the California Department of Social Services, Adult Programs at: 916-651-8848. You may also contact your local board of supervisors for help with obtaining a new IHSS social worker.
What kind of government assistance can I get in California?
Federal Resource – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
What other government assistance can I get in California?
- CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) CalFresh provides monthly food assistance to people and families with low income, including those who lost their job because of the pandemic.
- California Association of Food Banks.
- Free Summer Lunch Programs.
- School Meals.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program.